New Rules for Ex Parte Practice Effective January 23rd 2012
For those seeking a quick briefing on the new Rules of Practice Before the Board of Patent Appeals & Interferences in Ex Parte Appeals. The Practicing Law Institute (PLI) will be offering a one hour webinar next Monday, January 9, 2012.
Topics to be covered include:
- New petition practice to toll Reply Briefing deadlines
- Simplification of brief formatting and required appendices
- New default practices and assumptions
- Guidelines for identifying “new rejections”
- New jurisdictional timing
- Elimination of examiner responsibilities
I will be presenting along with my colleague (former Administrative Patent Judge and USPTO solicitor) Lee Barrett.
Registration details are found (here)